In my office...
Join me in my office in the Willow Glen neighborhood of San Jose CA
...or online with Zoom
Zoom is a powerful video platform for live couples coaching
Are you stuck in an endless cycle of blaming and defensiveness?
Are conflicts tearing your relationship apart?
My six-week couples coaching program can help get you unstuck and on your way to living your dreams together.
If you're having conflicts that's a sure sign that you're with the right person!
Conflicts provide an opportunity for a deeper connection.
And the good news is that within six-weeks you and your partner can begin to identify the barriers that are keeping you from a close and intimate connection. As you experience a breakthrough, tensions are resolved, intimacy is recovered, and misdirected anger is transformed into passionate love.
As a safe, stable, and secure relationship develops, each conflict becomes an opportunity to heal and grow and enjoy an ever-deepening connection with each other.
THE SIX-WEEK STARTER PROGRAM
Through six weeks of intensive coaching you will learn…
- How to communicate in a way that eliminates blaming and defensiveness
- How to establish boundaries that will help communicate what you need in your relationship
- How to reverse the negative effects that childhood wounds and defense mechanisms are having on your relationship
- How to rekindle romance and make your relationship a safe, stable and secure place for you and your children
- How to use your partner’s love language to make him or her feel loved and valued
- How to communicate your needs in a way that brings mutual healing and growth
- How to deepen your emotional connection in a way that creates a mutual desire for more physical intimacy
- How to build a partnership where you fulfill all your dreams together and make the world a better place
ALL COUPLES WANT…
Imago Couples Dialogue is the core method I use to help you break out of unhealthy symbiosis and self-absorption and into healthy differentiation and connection. The best place for healing and growth is not as an individual with a therapist, but as a couple doing the work to establish a safe and stable connection where healing and growth can occur.
The Six-Week Starter Program is designed to give you all the tools you need to get started on your journey as a couple of healing, growth and transformation. Six weeks gives you a good start toward getting through the power struggle stage of your relationship and into the mature love stage, for a lifetime partnership of mutual healing and growth. After six weeks, I offer further follow up coaching as needed. But all the tools you need to get a great start are provided in this program.
Every relationship goes through some very predictable stages.
Let me help you and your partner get through “power struggle” stage and into a solid “mature love” partnership of healing and growth in order to fulfill your dreams and make the world a better place.
What does the Six-Week Program involve?
Many couples who are stuck in their relationship can experience a breakthrough and make tremendous progress in just six weeks. With the tools you learn during the six online sessions, combined with the intensive work you do during the week on your own, a reconnection in the relationship can occur that reduces anxiety and lowers defenses. This becomes a context where the tools you’ve learned can become part of your lifestyle as a couple. After six weeks the work doesn’t stop, but the foundation is laid for you to enter the stage of mature love and build a great life together. Here is some of what we will cover in The Six-Week Starter Program:
WEEK 1 - RECONNECTING EMOTIONALLY
- Communication that leads to connection
- Boundaries that help you protect or reestablish your identity
- Understanding the emotions behind the hurtful words
- The power of your partner’s love language
- Closing the “exits” that rob your relationship
- Introduction to “The Appointment” and to “The Unconscious Relationship Agenda”
WEEK 2 - RECONNECTING EMOTIONALLY (continued)
- Understanding your “unconscious relationship agenda” for healing and wholeness
- Understanding the “90/10 principle” and the childhood wounds and defense mechanisms sabotaging your relationship
- Understanding why you chose your partner and how conflict is a sign that you chose the right person (compatibility is the recipe for boredom and conflict is the recipe for an exciting relationship)
- Learning who is the “hailstorm” and who is the “turtle” and how each one finds healing and growth
- Sustaining communication that leads to connection
- Introduction to the “Four Critical Moments Of Each Day”
WEEK 3 - REKINDLING ROMANTIC LOVE
- Using the four critical moments to rekindle romance and make your relationship a safe place
- Understanding the Law of Responsibility and The Law of Sowing and Reaping
- Learning to ask for gifts that make you feel loved and your partner grow
- Sustaining communication that leads to connection
- Introduction to the the “Rekindling Exercise”
WEEK 4 - REKINDLING ROMANTIC LOVE (continued)
- Communicating what you want in order to get the love you need
- Change requests that bring healing (of childhood wounds) in one parter, and growth (changing hurtful coping strategies) in the other partner
- Deepening the emotional connection that creates a mutual desire for more physical intimacy
- Introduction to the “Relationship Vision”
WEEK 5 - RE-ENVISIONING YOUR RELATIONSHIP
- Building your relationship vision together
- Establishing a lifelong partnership for healing and growth and fulfilling your dreams together
- Applying what you learned in marriage to your relationships with your children, family and the workplace
- Continuing the change requests that bring healing and growth
WEEK 6 - RE-ENVISIONING YOUR RELATIONSHIP (continued)
- Moving from Reconnecting and Rekindling to Re-envisioning your relationship
- Making all your new relationship tools a lifestyle rather than just exercises
- Continuing change requests that bring healing and growth
- Building a partnership where you fulfill all your dreams together and make the world a better place